In 1914 Stanislaus Fournier purchased a door-to-door funeral contract business, The National Funeral Association. He then sent his youngest son, Arthur V. Fournier to school to be a licensed funeral director and embalmer, and founded The Fournier & Fournier Funeral Home. Shortly after his other two sons Ovila and Hector joined the family business. The Funeral home was originally run as a storefront business, with wakes and funerals held in the family's home. A tenement on Cumberland Street was purchased in 1921, which is the location of the present Funeral Home. In 1937 the building was renovated to include visitation rooms, and the wake was moved from the private home to the Funeral home.
Arthur became the sole owner of the Funeral home in the early 1950's and was joined by the second generation, two son-in-laws, Robert E. Darling and Robert G. Rock, and a nephew Roger H. Fournier.
The Fournier & Fournier Inc. Funeral Home has remained a family run business for over 100 years. The third generation of the Fournier family is now at the helm and continues to serve their families with the same compassion and understanding that preceded them.